Let’s get *~zen~* 🕉️
Just as stress is a natural part of life, so is de-stressing! We created a little succulent zen-scape to provide a much-needed mental break on even the most hectic of days.
Time: 10 minutes
- A Succulent Studios subscription box — or 1–2 of your own succulents
- A painted terra-cotta pot or a round glass pot
- Sand (from your local beach or find some fancy sand here)
- Succulent & cacti soil
- Garden rocks
- A tooth pick or mini zen garden rake
Creating Your Zen-Scape
- Add a layer of rock at the bottom of your pot — drainage, baby
- Fill the pot about 1/4 full with the succulent and cacti soil
- Separate succulent from pot by pushing in on all sides to loosen soil, then remove the succulent with root ball attached and place the succulent into the soil
- Pour in your sand over the soil, around the base of the succulent eventually filling to the top
- Shake the pot gently back and forth to level out the sand
- Be sure when your succulents are getting enough indirect light to thrive — think 6–8 hours each day!
- Water sparingly only every 7–10 days.
Need some succs to get your *~zen~* on this month? Subscribe to recieve two little babies at your doorstep!