Step-by-step instructions for unboxing and repotting your new bb succulents ❤
- When you open your Succulent Studios box, use the “Pull” tab to pull the cardboard insert toward you and up out of the box.
- Pull the succulents from their box.
- Remove all rubber bands and other packaging materials from around the biodegradable pot that is securing your succulent and its dirt.
Viola! You have two happy and healthy succulents! They can happily stay in their original pots through a few watering rounds. Eventually you’ll notice the pots staying soft or mushy after watering- this is them starting to degrade. Once you notice this change, you’ll want to repot them. Luckily, the biodegradable pots make repotting is easier than ever. Check out how to do it below.
- Use a well-draining potting soil to repot your succulents — anything that says “cactus” on the bag will work! This is found at any local gardening or hardware store. Here’s one example of cactus soil.
- Choose a pot with a drainage hole in the bottom. If the pot of your dreams does not have drainage holes, add a layer of rock before adding the cactus soil.
- Add cactus soil about 1/2 of the way up in your pot.
- Drop your succulent and it’s biodegradable pot into the new pot.
- Surround the biodegradable pot with more soil to secure it in place.
- If your succulent hasn’t been watered in a while, now is a good time to water it. If you’re not sure, let your succulent get accustomed to its new home for a week or so before watering, then let the soil completely dry out before watering again (usually about two weeks). For more on watering your succulents check out our watering guide.
If you haven’t ordered your first Succulent Studios box, now’s the time! Our subscribers get two new varieties of succulents every month as well as exclusive one time boxes and gift options. Hit the button to get $5 off your first box!